Welcome to the Amphion transcription skills assessment. This test is being timed. It is expected you should complete this test within 2 hours. Failure to complete the test in the allotted time may affect your candidacy.
We look for the following in our medical language specialist applicants:
- At least two years' hospital inpatient experience transcribing the "Basic Four" or at least two years' clinic experience transcribing all specialties (>4 specialties) in addition to any formal training
- Word/Windows/Internet Proficiency
- These positions require candidates with authority to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Interest in employee status, not independent contractor status
Minimum System Requirements for Employment:
- Intel Pentium IV 2.8 GHz or higher processor, Intel i3 processor or better is recommended
- 2 GB RAM (3 recommended) or better
- Available Disk Space - 1 GB minimum (2 GB or more recommended)
- Operational Audio Card
- Available USB port to accommodate foot pedal and headset
- Operational Network Adapter Card
- Administrative access to the computer at the time of installation of any required software
- Infinity IN-USB-2 foot pedal, available at http://www.tvps.com for about $60.00
- USB headset with built-in microphone or regular headphones if PC has a microphone
- Microsoft .NET Framework - 3.5 SP1, 3.5 SP2 (recommended) or 4 Client Profile, click here to update
- Windows XP (SP3) 32-bit, Vista (SP2) 32-bit/64-bit or Windows 7 (SP1) 32-bit/64-bit operating system depending on your team assignment (Please note that Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000 and Windows ME are NOT compatible)
- MS PowerPoint Viewer, download free at www.microsoft.com
- MS Excel Viewer, download free at www.microsoft.com
- MS Word Professional, 2003, 2007 or 2010
- Adobe Reader version 8 or higher (free download) — www.adobe.com
- Internet Explorer 7 (minimum), Internet Explorer 8 is recommended
- A properly configured and updated Firewall and anti-virus program
- High-speed internet connection (DSL, Satellite, Cable or Cellular) with a minimum of 768 KBps (1536 KBps recommended) download verified through http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
- Upload speed - 300 KBps minimum (600 KBps recommended)
If you meet the qualifications listed above, why wait? Connect with us today by proceeding with our testing. We'd love to become your career company!
If you do not meet our minimum training or experience requirements but you are interested in a career in medical transcription, click here for information about quality medical transcription training.
If you feel you have a need to re-take a portion of the test, or you have non-technical questions about the testing process, please contact: Mary Schmidt at 888-830-2644 ext:1427.